This is the first step in the process of developing your brand strategy. By defining what your
brand is you create the foundation for all other components to build on. Your brand definition
will serve as your measuring stick in evaluating any and all marketing materials and strategies.
You will begin this process by answering the questions below.
1. What products and/or services do you offer? Define the qualities of these services and/or
2. What are the core values of your products and services? What are the core values of your
3. What is the mission of your company?
4. What does your company specialize in?
5. Who is your target market? Who do your products and services attract?
6. What is the tagline of your company? What message does your tagline send to your
7. Using the information from the previous steps create a personality or character for your
company that represents your products or services. What is the character like? What
qualities stand out? Is the personality of your company innovative, creative, energetic, or
8. Use the personality that you created in the previous step and build a relationship with
your target market that you defined in Step 5. How does that personality react to target
audience? What characteristics stand out? Which characteristics and qualities get the
attention of your prospects.
9. Review the answers to the questions above and create a profile of your brand. Describe
the personality or character with words just as if you were writing a biography or
personal ad. Be creative.